This festive season, tell your brand story with Spotify
Here’s how marketers can use Spotify to reach out to their audience:
Spotify: The new advertising front
The Indian listener spends about 2.5 hours on audio, per day, and 80% of this time, they are unavailable for reach through visual media
1. eMarketer reports that streaming music was the #1 activity that people took part in during the pandemic. Now with the increasing popularity of connected devices, audio portability (car, watch, Smart TV, game console, home speakers), marketers have ways to reach their audience in vital screenless moments when they otherwise can’t.
Spotify takes the centre stage due to its ever-growing music catalogue, and a slate of owned and exclusive podcast content. The platform continues to derive insights from their consumers’ streaming patterns, with their streaming intelligence.
Streaming intelligence helps brands draft more relevant, engaging and meaningful communication. For example, 75% of Spotify listeners say they remember ads more when the ads recognize their moment or setting
2. Furthermore, this sensory combination gives marketers the best of both choices.
Spotify data showcases that running both video and audio grows ad recall by 90% and results in a 2.2x surge in brand awareness
3. This indicates that a plan which only covers display or video advertising is not getting time and engagement with its intended audience. Spotify users soundtrack most moments of their lives by curating playlists for different moods. This platform can help brands reach people when they are unavailable for other forms of advertising. Now, that’s music to every marketers’ ears.
Comfort in the time of uncertainty
Another reason why this year’s festive season will be unlike any other is that listeners want to cope with this phase of life. Sample this: after delaying shopping in 2020, 1 in 3 Spotify users are considering big purchases in a case of revenge shopping
4. And this is a user base that is likely to spend 15% more on what they want than any other cohort
Music has emerged as a warm blanket of comfort in this time of uncertainty. Users are tuning into Spotify for festive content. Daily festive streams witnessed an increase of 63%, occasion and activity-based streams grew 155%
5. This year, it will be the same, maybe even more. Celebrations are incomplete without music, and this is one thing that also brings friends and family to Spotify. Marketers need to consider the value that Spotify can add to their plans.
Turn on, tune in
Spotify enables brands to engage with their audience in moments that matter. This festive season, the vital moments include shopping, nostalgia, parties, and cooking or dining with family. As friends and families gather after more than a year of physical distancing with safety and precautions, familiar festive customs and traditions will return but in a unique fashion. Listeners want to tap into their memories as much as living in the moment with activities like preparing meals for festivities. A 441% increase in user-generated cooking/dinner playlists bears witness, while a growth of 290% for nostalgia streams and 590% for home (and homesick) playlists shows that listeners are channelling music to connect with past memories
When users are inaccessible to other forms of media, in times like this, brands can truly connect and engage with consumers in ways possible on Spotify.
A never-ending stream of ideas for brands
Spotify offers limitless possibilities to brands for connecting with people. These include:
- Sponsoring the most-streamed festive playlists
- Delivering real-time audio ads while your targeted users are listening to specific moods
- Turning your brand profile into a cookbook with special recipes having a unique playlist
- Creating a special campaign with a unique digital experience that will deliver your brand’s message
- Co-branded digital experiences revolving around festive or shopping wishlists
- Various branded playlists crafted keeping specific consumer personas or festive moods in check
- Creative audio to complement a brand’s in-store experience
The list of possibilities is endless.
So if you want to add a sparkle to your media plan this festive season, look no further. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and let the festivities begin.
here to download Diwali ad solutions packages from Spotify Advertising.
- Spotify First Party Data, global, based on daily content hours / daily active users, free users multiplatform, May 2019
- Key Moments Survey, Spotify Users A15-40, US, UK, DE, IT, SP, MX, BR, AU, October 2019
- Nielsen Brand Effect on Spotify, March 2020
- GWI, IN, Wave 5 – Outbreak Report 2021
- Spotify Internal Data, India, Diwali Q4. Sept Vs Oct vs Nov-Dec 2020
- Source: Spotify Internal Analytics, 1st October – 28th February 2021